
Today I went to a meeting with other directors to discuss how our roles were going in each of our films. I found that almost all of our problems were exactly the same. We have to work to plan out every detail, not just one specific part of of a movie like the camera work. We all needed to work together with other members to get stuff done. On top of that, it felt that since we had to plan so much, we haven't given ourselves enough time to film, so we all felt behind. Other interesting challenges we all faced was the creation of scene props. Mis en scene is extremely important, and each one of us had a specific example or creating pieces to make the movie more believable. For my film, the basement needed to look creepy so our group created a gun shelf with a mask.
We also discussed how we felt the best way of directing was. The overall consensus of the group was someone who listens, and delegates but ultimately made the final decisions. We felt that giving our group members a voice and creative input made the group run more smoothly than if they weren't given the option.
As a whole, afterwords, I can say I really enjoy this role. It definitely involves a lot of work behind the whole production, but allows me to learn first hand how to really bring a movie together.
Comments
Post a Comment